Tuesday, September 5, 2017

University Of Southern California Jake Nelson

A little known "Rudy" story came this first weekend of the college football season.

A kid who had visited the Trojans in 2009, lost his sight to a rare eye cancer. Jake Nelson, a long snapper, was a lifelong fan and in the 4th Quarter of a game against Western Michigan, Jake made a perfect snap to get a field goal. No...it didn't win them the game, but it did buy some schmaltz points.

To me, it's a great feeling that someone who lost their sight, can experience big time college football. Though, I sorta' pity Western Michigan now...a demoralizing move to have a blind guy tack on points. But...it's feel good. I know a lot of cynics (such as myself) will sneer. First, I hate the U.S.C. Trojans. Mostly because they didn't let me into their film school. But, because Southern Cal, to me, isn't football. Plus, they're rich kids. Snotty, shitty rich kids. Their campus is nice though. Hater gonna' hate. I just hate them because they signify Los Angeles. Shallow and Left leaning self-righteous turds. Educated people are annoying.

But it's a heart-warming story to start off the season. Doubt he'll ever get an opportunity in a big game that mattered. Or isn't in the bag, but what a dream come true. U.S.C. extends its Make-a-Wish moment for the NCAA. Next, we'll most likely see some broad kick a ball somewhere. Wouldn't in be great if it were for a Big Ten school. They hate female competition. Let the jokes roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment