Thursday, September 21, 2017

Puerto Rico Without Power

Can you imagine your whole state without power? How else could you post your stupid cat memes?
Puerto Rico is 100% without power. God, how awful. And I mean this without an ounce of sarcasm, I hope for the best with them.

I recall when I was a kid, our basement flooding every time there was rain.
If that happened now, it wouldn't be a big deal, but with three young kids, that would be a constant fear of kids getting germs and dying. That's the problem with information these days. We know so much about knowing so little. We had a ping-pong table in our basement too. Which the water level went up towards the lip of the bottom of the table. That's how much water there was. It was odd for me, but I sort of loved that "survival" aspect of it. Our basement was concrete, so baling water was kinda cool. And sometimes I'd sit in a plastic tub and paddle around the basement. It became dank down there though.

My Dad finally had the drain around our garage door dug out deeper and it hasn't flood since.

Those were really fun days. Because it brought the family closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment