Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Girl From Taiwan


“Hey”
“Hello”
“Thomas-a’”
It was the voice of my Dad on the phone. And that’s what he calls me.
“You still in Taiwan? What time is it?”
“Yes. At your Aunt’s.  She and I got to talking. There’s a girl here that wants to meet you.”
“Aw shit. No dude.”
“C’mon man. I’m getting old.”
“I’m fine. I gotta’ get back to work”
“Oh, you’re at work. It’s…5A.M. there”
“This would be a better conversation if I were half asleep?”
“You’ll like her.”
“I’m already friends with her on Facebook.”
“It’s okay if you write in English.”
What the fuck is this conspiracy? I wonder.
“I write to her if I want, already”
My Aunt’s voice chimes in “tell him to come visit!”
“Your Aunt –“
“-yeah I heard. If I got time.”
“but I found you someone”
Yeah, she’s a real pip. Pretty, but I can’t understand a fucking word she says.
“It’s fine, Pop.” Then it dawned on me. He wasn’t asking me. He was telling me...

No comments:

Post a Comment