Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday Morning Cartoons

Remember waking up Saturday morning excited to watch a morning full of cartoons? I love that. I was just thinking, that, since when I was a kid living in a cul-de-sac the schedule would be: wake up, catch the tail end of a farm report (enough time to make cereal) watch cartoons till noon while stuffing my face full of Grippo's potato chips. That's when my friend Chris came knocking on my door to play wiffle ball. This lasted until the sun went down. We never really went back into the house, nor ate. We'd drink from the hose outside our house. Hose water is gross, tasted mostly like potting soil but...when you're dehydrated, it was the best. We played so many innings.

When I finally went into the house, I just sat in our back porch doing something crafty, or playing Nintendo. Mostly watching movies. My parents would be back from work by then. That was a great day.

I honestly thought those days would never end. I'd swear I'd watch cartoons till I turned 70. Would never get sick of them. I haven't watched a cartoon in years. Those days just seemed so much longer. These days, it whips by. Not sure if that's a conscious thing. It just seems slowing down to watch cartoons filled a full day. I wake up the same time nowadays. I think in a subconscious way, I'm trying to extend my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment