Monday, April 6, 2015

At The Bar Hold The Sauce

I usually hang out at a local watering hole here in the San Fernando Valley. It's hipster but it's cool enough to have cool people do cool things. Cucumber saki drinks don't do well in NASCAR Ohio. They also carry a really nice non-alcoholic beer.

"Don't you ever ask people why they drink N.A. beer?" I asked the buxom bartender.

She shrugged (as she wiped her nose...cocaine tic): "I dunno, some people like the taste."

Who likes the taste of beer, I thought. Especially as you're limited to a specific brand. There are only roughly under 20 brands that are N.A.

She sensed the unsatisfying answer "Why do you drink it?" she batted back.

"I'm an alcoholic"

She snorted "Bahaha. Nice. I had two boyfriends that are alcoholics. And this last one too."

And she works at a bar, I thought to myself.

"So you can tell, right?

"Tell what?"

"You can see the ones who have trouble with alcohol?"

It occurred to me that she really didn't have a filter for this.

"Just people who like to party too much."

She was thinking volume, I was talking just...demeanor.

I sat there sipping away at my non-alcohol beer, watching people. It's interesting watching drinkers when you're not drinking. I miss the fun of not having to be accountable for shitty behavior. BUT, I realize something though too. Women can sense a person in control of their emotions. The bartender seemed very glad to talk to someone not screaming at her, or spitting on her with beer breath. I was glad I was able to look at her boobs and NOT ask which one was bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment