Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Kim Richards: Drunk Housewife

I had a huge crush on Kim Richards when I was a kid. Watched a lot of Disney crap. Dunno. Just thought she had some sort of girlfriend quality. Or like, I had something for husky voice chicks. I think she was just my own shiksa. It's really strange to know that she's Paris Hilton's aunt. Paris I met on a student film over a decade ago. She is nicer than she looks.

Recently, she was arrested for public intoxication at the Beverly Hills Hotel. She is a broken person. Without watching anything in her later years..shows like "Real Housewives..." her behavior is indicative of a lot of women in that generation that life had passed them by. Child actors are their own thing. I don't have to get into that. But, something terrible happened to her at an early age, for which, I'm not sure what, but it seems to be dug in deep.

She is also under the microscope. I think in her mind, any attention is good attention. Can you blame her? When you're young, and have the world throw gifts at you, with looks, fame, and money, when that all disappears and you start to hear whispers of has-beens and aging...it's a powder keg for bad behavior. Fuel that with alcohol and it's a mess. I think the storyline is very specific. You get in trouble and ask the public for forgiveness. You're back on the front pages. I can't imagine what it would be like if my drunken behavior was caught on tape. I should've been punched repeatedly over the course of that last decades of drinking. I'd do awful things. And that was the stuff I remember. Self-loathing is a terrible thing. We really hide behind it with medication. None of us get what we want in life, EVER. That's just the truth of it. We get what we get. To punish those who care about us, is selfish childish behavior, which I don't need to say, is rampant in entertainment. None of us want to grow up. But we have to. Kim has kids. And they rely on her to be at her best. To set an example. Sometimes though, I think, her bad behavior makes for her kids to be more mature than her. You see this a lot. Kids of celebrities become the parent. Their reputation is guided by their parents' past party life. It's no good.

People like to think she had it all. The public seems to relish in the fact that someone so beautiful, charmed and rich could be so flawed. I get it. We cannot feel better about our shitty lives, unless the ones at the top suffer as we do. We can only take control of what's in front of us. And do our best to find moments of life to enjoy. It's too short to enjoy in a fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment