Sunday, April 19, 2015

Breaking Down Girls...Not Breaking Down...But Figuring Out...


You can break down girls you want to ask out into two categories 1) those who want to talk to you 2) those who don’t
Case in point. Last night as I was out at my friend’s play, a girl had stepped out to smoke outside as I watched my other friend Jared smoke. I recall asking her if she knew anyone in the play, to which she replied that the front row she arrived with were all in a previous play with the director of the one we were watching. She didn’t tell me that. Even though I asked the question, she told Jared that. There was a moment when she did ask what we did. To which I decided to pump Jared up (since it was his birthday the next day, and in a sense our outing to this play). I told her that Jared was responsible for the export of the “Star Wars” trailer the world just saw. Literally, the world. It blew up, like insane. She perked up and physically  (I’m not joking) moved forward. She didn’t move towards me. Nope. She moved towards Jared. After a mindless jibber-jabber of crap, she’d mentioned she was from Maryland, for which I had a ex-girlfriend who was from there. I talked about Silver Spring. She was from Annapolis. Yes, boys and girls, she didn’t tell me that. She told Jared. Meanwhile, as I’m having a one-sided conversation, Jared was standing puffing on his cigarette, it seemed…frozen that a cute girl was talking.
So, as we re-entered the building (as intermission ended), she finally introduced herself to Jared. I’d be maybe a few feet away, didn’t address me at all. Even though I did most of the talking…er…I mean, listening. He found out her name. Later, after the show, she sought him out and they exchanged numbers.
Now the lesson here is, it doesn’t matter if you are interesting or not. If they want to talk to you, they will find a way to talk to you, if they don’t, they won’t, no matter how charming or suave you think you are. Sometimes they’ll even talk to an inanimate object close to you rather than return your look. Not to say Jared was inanimate, but…I’ve seen corpses with more movement. Less of a deer-in-headlights look.
My advice is this, if she is doing the talking to you, and she bats back ANY question. She is interested. A disinterested girl could care less about what you do. If seems nervous but still hovers around you, even if you stand there with your mouth open like a fish floundering on the launch deck, she wants to get with you. If a conversation ended weird and she STILL comes back to talk to you some more…she wants your children. These are all facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment