Saturday, April 25, 2015

Just Stay Upright

Hanging at the gym gives you a lot of different ways people work out. A lot of people have really poor form. Myself included. I've dropped the heavy stuff and have turned to using light weights and letting it be my body weight that stretches out the muscle. I went to physical therapy recently to figure out this sharp pain in between my shoulder blade. To which the PT told me that a lot of it has to do with posture. We are standing wrong. The proper posture is usually uncomfortable, but really better for your frame. Chin in, shoulders square. Fucking hurts man. But, I've had terrible slouching for so long, it's now the normal form for me. This extends to how I work out as well. I use to believe it was mass weight. As long as I can push it up, I'm fine. Nope. If your hands are uneven, you will make yourself uneven. Symmetry. Yes, as obvious as that sounds, so many of us overlook this, in order to push more weight. Again, I reiterate, a bodybuilder at the gym doesn't curl 50 lbs. dumbbells. I've seen the most cut ones just do 25 lbs. and it's enough. because that guy knows in a few years, heavy weight will come back to haunt him.

So, stand up straight. Shoulders square, and you should eliminate...a TON of physical pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment