Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gimme A Haunted Mansion

My niece is connected to bunch of people. She's only four. As is my nephew, who is 16 years old. I have relatives as an extension of these two. I don't communicate with any of them. But they constantly communicate with their respective families beyond my immediate one (Dad Mom and Sisters).

That's weird to me, because in Taiwan, all my relatives tend to spend a small amount of time with each other at some point. Like holidays, or birthdays or just general jackassing around time. I think I have another niece by way of my niece whom I think is now a teenager, roughly the same age as my nephew. I don't even know my nephew's father's folks. Which by extension would be my ???

Extended families are so weird. In America, there is no longer a straight line anymore. That's fine. Just seems weird when you don't know how to address someone. I think I recall some relative from Taiwan of mine, who their daughter was older than me, but still had to call me "uncle" out of respect. That's conflicting. Technically she was older than me, but because of my relation to this guy, I was held in regard.

Wouldn't it be cool if a distant relative croaked and left you a haunted mansion?

No comments:

Post a Comment