Monday, April 27, 2015

Baltimore Riots

Just a reason to loot and riot. I really like the city of Baltimore. One of my fondest memories was to go to a football game with my ex-girlfriend's Dad one holiday season and see all the architecture. It's over 200 years old. And now people want to burn it down. Fucking shame. For who? A guy who had died at the hands of cops. Who no one would even know, if they media didn't take that ball and run. If you think about it, White trash is run down daily. If he died at the hands of cops, I'm not sure White folk would march for him. This guy who died at the hands of cops had a long rap sheet. Not saying it's right, but one less drug dealer and a habitual violator isn't worth burning down a city.

One day...some kid is gonna ask me what it was like to live through these cycled "riots and looting." It's going to be weird to say..."How the fuck should I know, I was in Los Angeles."

If people stopped to think about the community they're destroying, it would cut to the heart. I didn't even grow up there. Spent two weeks in and around there, and I could see how deep seeded the tradition was. But it also came with caution. Baltimore is tough. It was the backdrop to shows like "The Wire." Even in its history, there was an undercurrent of really bad things happening.
I don't think it's worth it. A peaceful march to tell authorities what they did needs to be addressed. Yes. But now, with the rioting and the looting, they have to sift through that debris first before they can mend that racial divide. We're no longer talking about Ferguson or L.A. or Cleveland anymore...this is an epidemic we need to figure out.

Personally, I think looters should be shot on sight. They are the worst of the worst, because they're opportunist. Not people who care for the cause. So they're actually hurting both sides, without conscience. Despicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment