Friday, April 3, 2015

Paul Walker & "Fast 7"

I was in Santa Clarita area the day Walker died. Give me a fucking medal.

I go up there a lot because it's wide open spaces and uncongested. A ton of people go up past there to Lancaster, CA to race or do stupid shit. I go, because the drive clears my mind. It's far enough, I guess.

I go pretty much every weekend, which is why it surprised me when I heard he'd died up there in a fiery Porsche crash. It must've been a few miles from where I was. Made me think, what if I saw that car just passing by me. Usually I get shitty "Fuck you, fast car guy, I hope you die in a fiery crash." I think stupid shit like that, but then catch myself and think, how would I pry that person from that car.

Anyway, they moved forth with the "Fast & Furious" series. I was never a fan, considering I'm Asian, it's inconceivable. That the last few in the series were directed by Asians is even more inconceivable that I have no interest. I think because I drive like someone's grandmother. My four door sedan wasn't meant to race a quarter mile increments. It's meant to pass Grey Poupon.

The fuck did I bring this up for? Oh right, the movie came out today. A few days before Easter Sunday.  I guess some people may wait for Walker's resurrection, in a way, in this movie. I'm not sure how I feel about capitalizing on dead actors. It seems very "Weekend At Bernie's" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment