Tuesday, March 21, 2017

So Much To Do

I'd like to keep telling you that making movies sucks and no one would watch it anyway. BUT...BIG BUT, my friend made a movie where over 100,000 people have seen it thus far. And most have proclaimed it something that made them feel less alone.

People, IF...and I'm not fucking around here. IF you ever...EVER EVER EVER made a movie that made anyone say that (and your Mom doesn't count) you have won the fucking lottery. Because our job is to simply make someone feel something. Most movies, even the budgets that are the size of a small nations gross national product, get forgotten...quick. We no longer survive in a vacuum now where we can say..."oh well, I've made an impact." Why? Movies are here and gone, then streamed and gone and then...gone and gone. So, the reason to get into movies are no longer about making anyone feel anything. The thing...I recall watching movies that REALLY deeply effected me. "Blade Runner" though a flawed film, made me feel less alone because replicants felt out of place. I LOVE that. That the mood and atmosphere was that effective.

Moody movies like the early Ridley Scott/Tony Scott movies is what I desperately love making.

But...as it stands, I just love the process that is slowly being tugged away from me. We no longer make those movies that effect people. There isn't enough time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment