Thursday, March 16, 2017

Booze Bag

When I stopped drinking, I never said "well, that's it, never again." I think this causes some people to relapse because it means a part of their life is going to always be off limits. I don't think that's fair to you or to your bartender. Just joking.

The point of this is to say...you should never cut yourself off mentally. To say you will NEVER do something again is a license to fail. You will talk yourself into believing that if you close that chapter in your life, it's like killing off those memories as well. Instead, elect to say "I'll just set it aside for now. I can always come back to it."

The biggest boozers I knew often would "live life to the fullest." Not a bad thing to do. But once those days are gone, you are left with health problems you really don't want to deal with.

The other thing about this...I would never tell anyone who enjoys drinking to stop. It's dumb and I'm not you. Most people probably have a stronger constitution for alcohol. I just didn't. And I'm finding out more and more, I do have addiction somewhere in the family. Whatever it may be, I think you really should do more with your life. If your focus is booze...then so be it. Or to kill the pain in your past...cool. Just be careful. The ramifications of hard living will catch up and then these words will echo in your ear "I should've stopped sooner."

No comments:

Post a Comment