Monday, March 6, 2017

My Birthday

I turned 42 years old today. I think.
Birthdays after 40 are strange. No one cares. I don't either. It's totally nice to hear from relatives but, by now, it's hard to coordinate anything. I use to love the attention. Who didn't? It meant people were thankful you're alive. Or were born.

Other friends spend it with family. They brag that their wives or husbands shower them with gifts of love. The worse being when someone gives their loved ones a car and it's flaunted on social media. As if there was ever a time when people were just thankful between each other. Again, I blame Kardashians. Man, they suck.

Who am I kidding? I think if I ever had someone care enough to buy me a big ticket item, I'd be bragging till people wanted to murder me too. Until then, my the gift I give myself is not being sickened by this society we've created and curse those who think otherwise. As the ol' Chinese proverb goes "may you get everything you desire." Yes...this is a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment