Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Texas Flood

A great song by Stevie Ray Vaughn.
When the water subsides, I'm sure there is going to be a ton of comments about who should've done what. As usual. Like in Katrina. Though I doubt you will have a Kanye go on air and say how a president doesn't like Black people. Which would be funny, if an entertainer went in public and said how the president doesn't like Tex-Mex. Which is actually true.

It is insane how much water the rain brought. A little over 4 feet and counting. Cars were submerged. Houses were flooded. Old people were left behind. But they saved the pets..so that's fine with this stupid fucking American public. I'm still not sure why people hadn't left their homes other than they were probably packing their memories or something and got caught. I considered everything I'd need to pack if I were to leave town. It's really sad. I mean the memories you build up to have God/water take it all away. Will FEMA cover your personal belongings, memories, dear god my precious film negatives! I realize life means much more than...preserving memories. But damn, what is life without memories. Sure, abandoning things...inanimate objects mean nothing as oppose to the life they represent, but it still cuts to the heart.

Help if you can. It's the American way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment