Friday, August 4, 2017

Cobra Kai

They're doing this:
"A down-and-out Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka) seeks redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai karate dojo, reigniting his rivalry with a now successful Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio), who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi," the release said.

I don't blame anyone for taking the easy money. But we lost Pat Morita as Miyagi and just last year, the real heart of the movie...John G. Avildsen. These hucksters aren't going to know much of anything. Will they address Ali with an "i" or Robin Lively or Tamilyn Tomika or...Hilary Swank. Doubtful. They're all smart enough not to go for this. Though, we may definitely get all the Cobra Kai back. Even Kreese. It bums me out when a story seems to have ended but doesn't die. It feels like a party for high school friends who I never went to high school with. I'm sure I should be having fun, and most likely, will force myself to have fun, but...it's really no fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment