Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Statues

I'd really like to have the job of statue-taker-downers. I mean, who knows what is buried underneath all that earth for all those years.

Anyway, I'm really confused here. We aren't suppose to forget our past but now you want to change it? I could care less about Confederate losers who lost the fucking war. I'm confused as to why with education as it were, no one ever considered having kids immersed in history is a better learning tool. All my East coast friends are infinitely smarter than my Left coast ones, because history there is all around them. Here in California, things change so drastically so fast (now it does). So it does bug me when they remove those statues. I doubt any person of color ever looked at those statues as anything but a place to have lunch. Or a place for the kids to climb on. Or pigeons to shit on. Whilst...in the process maybe learning a history lesson. Albeit a dark one. It still is history.

I think what Trump meant as a slippery slope is...where do we stop? Because you don't like the name "Dick" we have to remove all "Dick Streets" or "Dick Avenue"? Or I'm uneasy about the word "nigger" but have to burn all books by Mark Twain? That is the slide we're going towards. You can't have both.

No comments:

Post a Comment