Monday, July 24, 2017

The Turkish Model

I met her on a dating site. She had an interesting look, and I could see the Middle Eastern facial structure. A bold, regal look.
It's strange that she was very young, very reserved and somewhat immature. Only in a tone where you're not really sure whether they can process ups and downs like maybe the animated way I present myself. It was a dating site for which I reached out.

The session was actually really really fun. She brought a friend who helped out, and was really a fun person. They aren't conversation starters, but they sure like to get excited about...America.

Yes, our America. Trump's America. The America where everyone who hates the new regime wants to leave. Meanwhile, these lovely gals are desperate to stay. And work. And have fun. It reminded me of the two neighbors I had in Sherman Oaks. One was from Scotland, the other from Australia. Scotland girl LOVED LOVED LOVED America. In fact, she's visiting the East Coast. She once told me her dream is to take a road trip from Memphis (Elvis) to Los Angeles. To see all of America. This is trip I took to get out here. It was really endearing how people "out there" still find America that wide open spaces. With great sun and great people.
These are the people who renew my faith that this country is great. Not social justice warriors who see the worst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment