Friday, July 14, 2017

Grandiosity

I have a problem with grandiosity.
When I don't get the credit for some things, it grates on me. Some people would say...well, be humble and just do what you do. It stops me from doing things for others. Which is the point.

If you decide (and by you, I mean me) to do things for others, I can never and should never expect an outcome that would be gratefulness. It's foolhardy of myself to think anyone who works in a heavily emotional based industry would consider...well, consideration. I can't be thankful enough. But, conversely, I can't give credit where none is due. Trust me, going and above and beyond yields nothing. Well, sometimes it does, most of the time it's exhausting for everyone. I simply want to make things and get the recognition. But there's that grandiosity again.

I guess, we wouldn't be in this business if we didn't crave it.
It is soul crushing when it is given to others who have done far less. It may be a real lesson in how Hollywood really works.

No comments:

Post a Comment