Monday, February 8, 2016

Super Bowl Sunday...Get Your Hork Bag

I turned on my t.v. hoping to catch some old re-run of a sitcom. Oops..stumbled on the the first quarter of the Super Bowl. 50 to be exact. 50 years of...self importance. The NFL (or National Football League for you international readers) has REALLY shilled their brand to nausea.

EVERYTHING, was a selling moment. Every minute, every second. The whole thing. It got to a point where as I was watching it, I couldn't tell where the show began and the shilling stopped. Everything sponsored for more money. More money, more money. The game really got lost. Every angle the camera flipped to, was a Pepsi sign. If it wasn't that it was the announcer telling us who sponsored the statistic. Yeah, I'm not joking, some company gave them money to mention their name during a statistic about how many Super Bowl quarters there were.

Fuck you, NFL. I switched that shit off and went to get some food. Which is where the game resumed in time for...the half time show.

If I could vomit violently into my potato skins I would've. But I had to eat them first. Which I couldn't because Coldplay, Beyonce and that runt Bruno Mars was gyrating around, singing and dancing and prancing and...flipping and the crowd was in it, and the idiots who paid thousands to sit in the crowd holding up signs...were selling...love. Yep...Love is the answer. To what questions, I don't have a fucking clue. Which is why having the Super Bowl in the gayest city in America is really fucked up. But I get it. Gays have dough. A TON of dough. There were so many rainbows during the halftime show, I was waiting for a goddamn leprechaun to launch out of a tunnel and start screaming about his pot o' gold. I left the restaurant disgusted. It only pushes the new agenda of Super Bowls for future runs. Like when Vegas went from gangster to day care. It sapped the joy of football straight out of the game. This circus was garbage and everyone who loves the sport should be really sickened by the future. They clearly showed the sport is dead.

2 comments:

  1. The sport is fucking dead and good riddance. Football is an imposter, a fake. Like heroin, baseball is coming back in a big fucking way.

    ReplyDelete