Friday, February 26, 2016

How Did You Get Here?

Not something I wanted to hear from a mechanic.
Something was feeling really off with my car. I thought it was the transmission. Hearing odd noises. I looked under my car and saw...threads...like stringy as you would from a mop.
I took it to the mechanic...

"Well, see the bushing for your shift plate?"
"yeah" I lied.
"There's nothing left."
"Whaddya' mean, nothing left"
"Like, all you got is just some rings and some thread. That's what you were seeing underneath the car."
"Oh, that sounds bad."
"Bad?! I was talking to the other guys...we don't know how you got here."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, how did you even drive the car"
"I just drove it here."
"Look, the disc that holds...you felt some shuddering right?"
"yep. And the shifting felt weird."
"...that disc that holds the rings to the crank shaft spins. It's gone. Like nothing is left."
"Shit."
"Oh yeah. We're all surprised the car moved."
"I just drove it down the street and around the bend. Maybe on the freeway for a few" I muttered that last part. He seemed agitated.
"No, bud-dy..." he scratched his bald Palestinian head "...you don't understand...you married?"
"Nope."
"Someone was looking out for you..." he now spoke in a low tone "...that crank shaft falls, hits the ground and pops back up, it goes through your floor then your asshole."
"Shit!"
"Dead...Pfft.." he slashed his throat. Made more sense to cover his bunghole.
"Dead?"
"Or have a really bad day, buddy." he was shaking his head "You should really believe in God."

I love Middle Eastern senses of humor.


No comments:

Post a Comment