Sunday, February 21, 2016

My Neck Hurts

My shoulders and neck hurt, I told the doctor.
She looked at the X-ray "well" she started "I see nothing broken, bent or out of the ordinary. There is a little wear in the discs but nothing for a guy your age."
"Fuck" I thought. All I heard was that this shit gets worse. "A guy my age" she says. "Well, something feels off" I insist.

"hmm...dunno what to tell you. Doesn't look like anything nerve related, that would be bad, it seems to be muscle related."

Yeah, but I stretch before working out and I stopped with the heavy weights. When I look at the heavy shit, I want to vomit.

"you take Advil or anything?" she inquired.
"yeah."
"does it help?"
"a little. For about 5 minutes."
"okay, I'm going to suggest you get a TENs machine (electrodes to attach to muscle to loosen up), a massage every once in a while, and acupuncture."

Basically, everything I wanted to do before this visit, sans the machine, which I knew nothing about.

"That sounds great." I thought to myself...getting prescribed a massage and acupuncture...niiiiiice.
 "I want to see you in three months."
I skipped out. Hell ya...massage, acupuncture and electric muscle shock therapy.
It's been a month. Have I done ANY of this...?
... no
I'm not sure if this is human nature, but a good thing, when prescribed, seems less fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment