Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Playboy Is Dead

You know the worst part about the death of Playboy magazine? You can't really mark your life anymore based on the centerfolds growing older. I think when you're an adolescent boy, part of the fun of this magazine was reading their stats and then committing it to memory. They were also works of art, considering the centerfold was always shot with an 8x10 view camera. That's why the images looks so detailed and glossy. That's when airbrushing actually meant airbrushing. The in-between frames were shot with a 6x9 back. Which I regret selling mine now. Since I got it off EBay from a guy who had used it for a Playboy shoot. I just never got use to shooting with it. It was meant for a studio set up for which I was usually more trying to be more mobile.

I think the boys these days will never get that opportunity to have that moment of girls of their dreams growing up to the women they are now. I do some research on the models I remember as a teen. So odd where their lives are turned. Some good, some bad. Some just...disappeared. But all memories from those days in Cincinnati...wondering about that girl out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment