Saturday, September 10, 2016

It's A Camera Not A Wand

"You're the guy who makes _______ look great" very untrue. Nature makes them look great. Photo shows it. I would love to take credit for it, but it'd be bullshit. See the thing is...camera doesn't lie. Photoshop will. Or you working with it can. BUT the camera itself shows good, bad and ugly. Talent really does so much to modify how they look. Some, in fact, would spend hundreds of thousands on their own makeup person because they think it helps. Can I tell you...Steven Seagal had his own makeup person. Couldnt make him look more fat. But...if he feels better we all win.
Okay, look...I like that people give me this credit. If people feel I make them feel much more comfortable in front of the lens then yeah I did my job.
This dawned on me when people I've never met werr curious that I was the dude who shot images they were impressed with. I'm really flattered anyone gives me the chance to see how the world sees them. Pretty people seem to be clueless. It's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment