Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Central Michigan beats Oklahoma State

I went to school near Michigan and I could not tell you where this fucking school was. Central you say? Go look at a map.
In a last minute what looked like a hail mary hook and ladder play CMU got a miraculous ricochet and win. Well...problem was...that play never should have happened. In the previous play Oklahoma State threw the ball away, essentially taking an intentional grounding penalty. Officials thought that gave CMU one last play. Nope. See, Okl St coach Mike Gundy had his QB just throw it...instead of running around Tecmo Bowl style and falling to the ground. Why? To me...that play alone makes you complicit with the stupidity of the officials. I honestly didn't know that rule either, but I'm also not an officials. Which most likely costs Okl. State millions of dollars. As they were a ranked team.
Now there's a push for CMU to offer the win to Okl. State. As if playing to the wire and losing to a 3rd tier team was going to change anyone's opinion now.
I feel CMU should keep the win. An amazing story to tell when they realize they're stuck in the middle of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment