Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Simmons On Prince

To refresh your memory, Gene Simmons was the front man for the rock band Kiss.
They're the ones with the insane scary makeup. Scared the shit out of me as a toddler. I remember being chased by neighborhood kids who wore Kiss makeup. They still bring back horrible memories. Even though their ballads are surprisingly soft.

In case you missed the beef, Simmons is calling Prince's death "pathetic." Because he died typically of what a rock star dies of. Which is sad, yes. But Jimi Hendrix died the same way. I wouldn't ever call Hendrix "pathetic." The death sucks raw. Because he a ton more in his tank before he would've hung it up. But I guess that's what makes him a legend.

Personally, I think Simmons is just upset that Prince is regarded the way he is. A purple Messiah to Gen X. You can't deny his talent for...having talent. The guy could play a guitar (so says Eric Clapton...even). I think it's hard to imagine anyone giving a shit when Simmons dies as much as Prince. That's gotta ho-it (hurt).

No comments:

Post a Comment