Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Evening Talks: Purpose

I get bored some times, so I call my friend Rachel, who is a spiritual nut. I hate that shit. It's all hopes and dreams and wishing...not a lot of doing, unless you consider all what I've mentioned above doing something. I'm pretty blunt with her as she is with me. I don't she has a problem with me airing our conversations.

This one was about purpose.

Lately, a few friends of mine have been going nutty over something they can't figure out. They got the spouse, the kids and the house...what more could they be missing? Why is it they feel so empty? Purpose. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PURPOSE.

I think the sole core of why we're such busybodies over idiots like Kim Kardashian is because we have no purpose. She has no purpose but makes money from it. The simplest easiest direction for any person with no purpose is...to find a way to earn money so you can be happy, right?
WRONG!!!!!

Don't get me started on those miserable fucks who I spent 12 days listening to in a courtroom battling over money. The old guy walked out of there crying. A rich, supposedly heartless factory owner reduced to a sniveling crying emotionally drained shell. For what? Money. This is what you want to chase as your purpose? Not I, said the fly.

I'm not saying being some hippie-dippy weirdo either. Money does great stuff, purpose makes it rewarding. Rach then proceeded to tell me it's that people should do what makes them happy? Sorry, Rach, that's kiddie shit. Most people look at you like a numbskull. Or that it's a pat answer so you get out of their face. Nope. Doing stuff makes you happy for limited time. And it's a result not a specific action. I can eat ice cream and be happy. I can eat ice cream every day and be a ball of joy. Is it my purpose? Nope. See: result. What I'm saying is, do something that makes you feel enriched and rewarded. She gave me examples of her rich friends who...sail the seas, or...help at hospices. Awesome...there you go: they have a purpose. It's a little selfish but it still means you feel as if you meant something to someone. And it can't just be having a family. A purpose has to be yours and yours alone.

To which she mentioned how miserable I am at work. I love the work. Despise the people. People will make your purpose difficult. Especially if your purpose and theirs collide. Talent agents are the worst. In post production, people can't see you reaching for another goal in life. Because they're mostly failed _______ (fill in blank). Their purpose is to tell you how and why you will fail. You expound a lot of energy talking yourself out of their doldrums. Yes, you can decide how you want to feel based on what they've said, but a daily dose of their laments of life really takes a toll. Best just ignore or leave.

I feel most people need to figure out what it is they were meant to do in this world. It's a natural ease, once you discover it. I think my Dad took great pride in making food people enjoyed. Seems that's why a lot of people open up a restaurant.

I think I've figured out my purpose, because I feel a lot more at peace at what I've come to rest on. I don't think Rachel has, and as a typical hippy-dipper, she tells me she's happy, but I doubt that. That's a foolish notion given by retards like "Forrest Gump." Women seem to function in that world where no door is closed. I want to be a photographer/seamstress/ballet dancing/veterinarian/ice cream tester. I think once people focus themselves in what ultimately gives them a sense of position in life, that's when you really know your purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment