Thursday, May 5, 2016

"Mama's Dirty Girls" (1974)



This movie started out really strong with a very long take of Candice Rialson’s tits. Then it escalates downhill…into a story.
The plot is dumb (no surprise). A jiggle flick with horrid acting. So bad you wonder how it isn’t replicated in movies today (in the no-budget jiggle world). The story is of a woman who marries for money. And she teaches her children to do the same. When the man doesn’t pony up or they discover that the guy is not worth much (monetarily) they murder him. Simple enough.
I think the lesson in storytelling here is…you can tell any story, put some tits in it, and you should be fine. Also, men have no radar when it comes to marrying a woman and her 3 grown..I mean in their 20’s, daughters. None of which register a job. Though to the mother’s credit, it is simply to entice the dumb-ass to rape one of them. Speaking of rape…I think Rialson’s lot in life was to portray rape victim. Not even a victim, just…if you ever needed a person who appears to almost get rape and shows tits…she’s your girl. It nearly happens twice here.  Wait, I take that back…three times if you count the two attempts by a retarded Lenny-like “Of Mice and  Men” type. Considering this wasn’t a Roger Corman production, I would say she found a niche market.
Film fucking is weird to stage. There’s a scene where the red-headed daughter is clearly self-conscious of her body. Her elbow hides her nipples the entire time. Even as they’re humping. It’s awkward.
I would check out this movie simply because the segments between scenes are odd. The acting is so terrible it doesn’t help the exposition. I’m trying to imagine what it looked like on paper that would warrant someone not saying anything. Transcribed from movie:
EXT. BACKYARD - DUSK
Man chops at wood with an ax. A neighbor appears, who appears nervous.
Man 1: Mr. Stritch, eh…er…you ready to listen?
STRITCH: Alright, what’s on your mind.
Man 1: You and me, we got a secret.
STRITCH: Now what kind of secret have we got?
Man 1: Well, it’s about your dear departed wife…Jenny? I saw her drown.
Stritch moves closer to the neighbor.
STRITCH: Is that a fact?
MAN: Yeah. I saw you out on the lake that day in a rowboat. And I guess she got tired and tried to get into the boat? And I saw you…push her under with the oar! But I…uh…I saw the whole thing…Harold. But I didn’t tell nobody. Because I figured…you and me, we can do some business.
STRITCH: Where were you?
Man 1: I was asleep in the weeds, y’know…the night before. And I heard…uh…all that splashing. And it woke me up out of a sound hangover.
STRITCH: Alright, alright, alright rummy, waddya’ want?
Man 1: Ah Hell! I’m just a hobo. I’ll take anything you can give me.
STRITCH: Alright you go up into the house, you got a deal.
Man turns to leave. Stritch raises the axe, brings it down on him. Then hits him with the business end again. And again.
END OF SCENE
I guess..the acting was so great, they kept this in a two-shot. Up until the murder. Anyway, on paper, it doesn’t seem too bad. It’s just that they play it for the highest emotion possible. They don’t even attempt to hide the fact they are acting. The lines are read…BIG! It almost felt that the director wanted bigger.
 It does bum me out watching movies like these, since…those “girls” are now in their 60’s. And in the exploitation world, it’s crushing to the loins.

No comments:

Post a Comment