Thursday, February 8, 2018

Tragedy

Did you ever notice that the word "rage" is in this word?
I think if you live long enough, you experience a lot of tragedy. And rage. Either controlled or expressed, I think there does come a time when people are curious as to how they survived so long feeling that they've been left behind.
Long time entertainer Rose Marie passed away leaving an old friend named Peter Marshall to hold down the fort. He's in his 90's as well now. For those who read my blog, he is mentioned and held in high regard. Google him to see a list of accomplishments.

I was thinking of all the people I've met in my life. And realize how sheltered I am. My parents, while obviously flawed in some parenting, were for nearly perfect, in terms of guidance, care and love. As much as emotionally removed as my Mom was, I still sensed small things a caring person does without saying much. She'd wake up and watch my sisters and I go to the schoolbus. Parents are not obligated to do these things. Hell, my upbringing was so classic Norman Rockwell, I recall seeing my friend's Mom standing outside on her driveway, in her robe watching her kid off. This was really a thing back in 1984.
So, I'm sure I'm getting to a point in life where I appreciate it more and more. My sister really dotes on her daughter. Likes to spend quality time. Though I don't approve of the separation of my niece and her father. That's a longer story. I know as she grows up, she will see the nice things my sister did for her. And I wonder sometimes, as we grow old and leave this planet, how the young one considers us. Not that it effects the way we conduct life, but how they wonder as I do with my parents or my grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment