Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Taxes

I got into a conversation at work with a guy who has no problems claiming a lot of deductions on his taxes. He laughed when I told him I get around $1000 or less on my return.
I've been dinged before by the I.R.S. who tell me I can't write off my home office or certain things. It sucks when money is spent. BUT...they aren't those mustasche twirling monsters with a sharp stick and a sack you think they are.
We justify a lot of this by saying that...we pay fucking a ton of taxes on EVERYTHING. Food, utilities, phone, clothes, cars....you name it there is a tax. So a lot of Americans (that's legal) find loopholes. You think undocumented immigrants willingly pay their taxes. They're jacked like the rest of us UNTIL, April 15th. Yep, that's when the illegals don't file. And guess what folks...snitching on that gives you a percentage of their fines. Yep, something the I.R.S. doesn't tell you that if you are a whistleblower to tax evaders, you get what they can recover.
Not that I would ever snitch out my friends. It's not worth it to me.
But I finished my taxes, and feel a sense of weight lifted off me. A little bit of trepidation because we all wonder how much we can deduct. Fortunately, I have documentation of what I've said was a loss. So if you're readin' Mr. Taxman...fuuuuuuck you.
I mean, God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment