Thursday, January 12, 2017

What Makes It Worth It

I got a text from an actress I'd known a while back: "I'm on a film now and the writing is so bad. It got me thinking about the script you'd sent me and how it's much more subtle and cool. Don't get many of those."

I was beyond flattered. She wasn't shilling for a role and didn't have to butter me up. So it blew me away that someone remembered something I'd written, let alone felt she needed to tell me. And this was someone of merit.

I, honestly, can count the horrid moments of working in this town much easier than the great ones, but...moments like these make it...nay
..compels you to push forward.

NOT that I'm ever starved for attention. I can live on an island. But that people who are starved for attention took the time to remind me that my efforts aren't wasted. It meant someone cared...or at least the impression you made was deep.

I hope one day someone would randomly do this for you. It makes it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment