Thursday, January 12, 2017

A Friend Visited

The other day I went into my kitchen when something skittered across the floor. A slithery something. I won't say I screamed like a bitch, but I did grab my extremes. What the fuck was it?!

So, I moved some of my paper bags jammed in the crevice of a area between my counter and there I saw him...a lizard.

Fuck. How did that thing get this far into my place? Second thought, what do I need to kill it. So...well...I looked on the internet. Lo and behold...don't fucking kill it...you animal. Lizards are our friends and mean you no harm. Catch and release, scoot it out of house but DON'T be an asshole and squash it. Okay..but it skittering around my life wasn't going to work. I dug up a broom and ushered it across the floor. Like pushing a wet noodle, since whenever it sensed something, it darted.

Eventually I pressed it across the floor and out to through the front. He probably felt as much relief as I did. Since it was raining, I'd say more so.

I did do a little more research on lizards and found that cats are found of killing and eating them. This was heartbreaking since there are about a million cats in my neighborhood, and it probably was looking for safe harbor.

I wonder where my friend lizard is. Hopefully not in the belly of some stupid cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment