Friday, January 13, 2017

Barack Obama's Speech

It's hard not to like the guy. Until you realize he's a fucking politician.

His speech was rousing...and uplifting. And tore at the core of my emotions. Yep...his writers knew how to hit the high notes. But, he left with a great message to us all...not to be cynical and believe in America and Americans.

So much for the supporters of his party having that soak in. Instead, we get...
...MORE cynicism
...MORE anger
and most likely a riot in cities across this nation.

Is he effective now?

No.

But his heart was in the right place.

If it were me, and knowing what I know about "our fellow Americans" I'd tell everyone to suck it, then move to a mountain somewhere and have Secret Service bring me coconut water and squid meat. And I'd be content to watch the feud.

He's a fantastic orator, compared to that grating Pennsylvanian thug drawl Trump has.

But, whatever, I'm not going to be richer or poorer under either of these assholes. I'll continue to just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment