Sunday, January 22, 2017

David Ayer Apologizing For "Suicide Squad"

Director David Ayer went on line and wrote a heartfelt note to apologize for the quality (or lack of) his last movie "Suicide Squad." I haplen to think it was fine. Though I had issues with pacing...it is what it is. I also think this is great. It made a ton of money yet he still apologizes. Which tells you integrity isn'y completely dead in this town. What is...real human stories. I know we can sit here all day and debate what makes great movies, we know with superhero movies...we do eventually grow up. And those heroes are no longer relevant.

I wonder what people will say if they dig up "Suicide Squad" again. I imagine there is a cadre of movies I've missed out on that would be watched in irony. I mean, in perspective, there is no fucking way I could dig up "Condorman" and take that shit seriously. Would this movie share the same fate?

I don't think he has anything to apologize for. Making movies is tough. Making one that has built in armchair critics is near impossible to please. You could defer to Marvel on how they get around with "Captain America" or "The Avengers" but those movies already looks cheap. We'll see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment