Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Double Standard Sucks...

...I know...I'm so very sorry. The older women get, the less attractive they are. Not ALL, but most. Nature can be so cruel. And now...if you're an actress...good God.

Lately there have been actress that are returning to the screen that have fought the aging process clearly through plastic surgery (and computer graphics): Kim Basinger, Renee Zellweger, Jennifer Aniston, Megan Fox and so forth. Ladies...it is really unnatural to get things shoved and injected into you (unless it's my schvantz). But seriously, plastic surgery on camera and blown up to projection theater size is...scary. You know what made Diane Keaton and Meryl Streep so great? A) they had talent and B) they took roles that were their ages.

Unfortunately, human nature is to be desirable at all ages. To which most believe, and I certainly don't blame them, younger is prettier. Aging blows! Hair loss, fat, wrinkles and tired eyes are not what people want to see their stars look like. And I get that people, even in pre-tobacco days and binge drinking martinis. NO ONE would blame you to want to act all your life, but the minute you slow down nature's effects, people will draw more attention to that than your acting. I think MORE people talk about cosmetic surgery then compare what you looked like in the 90's to now. I know I'd hate for anyone to tell me "what happened to you?!" I can't imagine being under the scrutiny of people today.

My suggestion, embrace the awful decline of aging. Enjoy it. I think most people would be more forgiving to a life of hard living than to believe it was all for vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment