Friday, June 17, 2016

Nothing Works

I just want to finish this fucking short film...
You can be friends with people. You can give them money. Give other people money. It sometimes isn't enough. You can make promises. Drag that mule up a hill. Point is, relying on other people...fuck. I DESPISE it. Because people aren't out for your best interest. Of course, unless it's you own family...and then even then. Time for me to learn the process or I can go fuck myself.

Not so much that I'm doing my best to press this short film to the top of the hill. It's been over a year, and I've done all I could do. Is it any surprise that people are ruthless? Even at this level (low) it takes pestering, begging, crying and worrying. No one cares. Or they do but are afraid to tell you the truth. Or...place reason here.

What irks me the most is that I shouldn't have to chase down people whose sole purpose is to work on movies. This is as much of your future as mine...and I'M NOT GETTING PAID.

Yes, this is my project. But chances are, very few will care. Unless it becomes a strange hit. Then the people who've dragged their feet for so long will want to get on that bandwagon. I've seen it before.

I have to learn the secret from others who were able to find people who are gung-ho. The market is TINY. Whenever someone asks me for a favor, I can't help but get it to them as soon as possible. I'm learning more and more this is really rare. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment