Sunday, June 14, 2020

Washington Redskins Again?

The Washington D.C. mayor wants the name changed...again. Probably using this rambunctious time to throw that in. Typical politician.

When I was a kid, the Redskins helmet stood out. because it was so cool. And I lived in Virginia at the time, so we were very close to D.C.

 It had the most intricate design. It was just fucking cool looking. How is that bad? The name itself? Okay, then how about keep the logo and change the name. Both sides have to compromise somehow.
Though here's the deal...who are you appeasing? Native Americans are all but wiped out. You White devils made sure of that. And then the Mexicans finished the job. The Native American population is tiny, at best. So...who are we really trying to placate here?
I don't care about the name. The logo is still cool.

Why not...the Washington Warriors? Has a nice alliteration to it. Also you can keep the logo. Or the Braves (which was my high school logo...I think they dropped it last year, I need to check...if they did...man...fuck them, no more donations).

I think it's okay to let go of the "redskins" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment