Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day

I'm very lucky to have a cool Dad who beat the odds in America and did just as good for himself and us as most Americans who were born in this country have done. That's an amazing accomplishment when I think about the entitled people I see daily who can't or, rather...won't.

America is great. And my Pop knew it. Maybe he was sold on the propaganda, but man was it better to be raised in wide open Ohio than to crowded loud Taiwan.
Taiwan is a BEAUTIFUL country, but there are too many restrictions there that exists simply because it is an island. For the most part, it is a third world country. More comfortable living in the modern city than the country. Though, the solitude of the country is very nice too. The last time I was there there were even more restrictions which have made Taiwan more comfortable.
But my Pop was raised there when it was all farm and island. Similar to Hawaii in the sense that it's tropical.

Any way, I often think about my Pop in times of stress. He has wisdom. From Buddhist teachings. I think I get my spiritual questioning side from him.

Great dude...I wish all you Father's out there a happy one. We typically get the shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment