Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Culture Of White

I think you mean "American culture"
REALLY sick of people calling it "White culture." It's "American culture"
I love 80's sitcoms which is deemed "White entertainment" or 80's music, again...seen as "White washed" It's not. It's American.
And it's funny that people see things like tennis or golf as a White thing. Probably not as much anymore since Tiger Woods and the Willams' sisters. But before, I think it was because it was a country club mentality.
And that is the thing. We aren't talking about color. We're talking about class. Rich White folks' culture, as the bigoted Left love to see it, is that you've adopted the ways of the White man and forsaken your own roots. Uh-huh. I still speak my own language and am proud. I just happen to watch "Webster" from time to time. Or "Alf." Which is funnier than you realize. This is the side of American culture I dig. And the odd part is, if you are Asian in America, you aren't Asian American. You're just an American looking to thrive.
Black American culture is NOT Black. It's American. And I think the sooner people believe they aren't on the outside looking in, the better. Because that is what makes America great. Is that you can appreciate all of this and NOT have to label things this that or the other. Anything created in America, intellectual property or otherwise, IS American. And that's all.
Morgan Freeman said it best. The quickest way to get rid of racism is to not talk about it.
I don't say "My Black friend Leon." Or "that Black group Boys II Men." Probably shouldn't say any of this anyway.
There is no White culture. NASCAR is not White culture. It's American.
The sooner we embrace this, the better we will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment