Thursday, November 17, 2016

"Jackie"

There's a movie coming out this December about the First Lady of the only president to be assassinated in the present, media crazy era.

I never understood the thing around John Kennedy. Mostly because I'm a player hater and he got more tail than a toilet seat. More than anything he had Marilyn Monroe killed. Or the mob did. To embarrass him. Either way, he treated women like shit. And yet...we hold Trump in contempt and Kennedy as the second coming of Christ. Including this movie, which shows the immediate aftermath of a terrible event.

Had Kennedy lived, I doubt he'd be given the hero's send off. He wasn't exactly "of the people." Having grown up with a bootlegger fortune background, and turning on the people who put him there. Or rather, how much he may have resented the Joseph Kennedy gangsta' shit. Can you imagine the level of greaseball shit you have to have to take an American president out?

Anyway, I'm going to go see this movie, because it was shot in 16mm film. That's fucking badass. The reasoning...it matches footage culled from the past. I like that. I like they want authenticity and they aren't willing to compromise for convenience. I also like that foreign people are making this movie. I like perspective of our history told through the eyes of people discovering it. Made more sense by the fact that we are saturated with so many conspiracies. Though, I don't think this is about that.

Here, take a look at the trailer...real artsy fartsy:

No comments:

Post a Comment