Wednesday, November 9, 2016

How Do I Explain To My Kids...

..this scenario seems to be coming up a lot.
I was talking to my neighbor one day, and he's a insane right wing jerk who hates everyone. Like me.  Except for the right wing thing. Anyway, he told me how much he HATED Ronald Reagan. Yes, the actor...I mean President Of The United States. Back then Ronnie was hated by his own party apparently. I didn't know shit about that, since I was under the double digit mark in age. All I knew...the great times. Playing baseball without a care in the world. Drinking water from the garden hose. Going to the community pool. Night Ranger. Banana boards and Susannah Hoffs.
All we saw was a dude who looked like Big Boy and shook a lot when he talked. Gave me the impression we were alright.

I'm not sure if Ronnie was evil or not. I only knew he bought a shit-ton of weapons and bankrupted a communist country, proving gold outweighed lead. So what do you tell your kids about Trump.

my suggestion...don't. Go on living and enjoying life. That part of discussion, they will find out later. Most likely to divide their family. For now...maybe just deal with being a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment