Friday, November 4, 2016

Cubs Win World Series!

Actually a few years behind what "Back To The Future 2" predicted. Still pretty eerie.

I actually feel sorry for Cub fans. Their identity was wrapped up in 108 years of futility. Now that's over, what now? Is there newer hope? Not really. It was the unifying thing every Cub fan could rally behind. That they were lovably struggling to get rid of the curse. And interesting thing said to me...the game is more dissected if they would have lost than win. Believe it or not, I think there is value to the tradition of...well...not winning.

Yeah. Call me nuts, but when that chapter closed...so did a lot of...well...longing and hope. Hope is pretty damn big. The fact that they are now off the books for it, means there is very little to look forward to. Think about it...what do they talk about in barber shops, the El or anywhere in that city anymore. The glue that held them together was futility.
I should know...I wouldn't know what to do if Bengals won the Super Bowl. It would be too weird not to hate on them any more. Or feel we are in a brotherhood of...pain and anguish. It's a strange theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment