Saturday, November 5, 2016

camera protocol

A lot of cameramen have massive issues with people looking through their viewfinder. I mean...it could get you booted off set. Now that monitors are everywhere...it's not as a big deal. I have no problems with people looking through lens as long as they don't break the gear...I think if people know what we're shooting...we're so much more behind it.

I will say this...I think the biggest problem with people looking through lens on a big dog production is that it underminds the cinematographer. Imagine some dimwit who would question the composition of a famous camerman. Or criticize it. I've seen that! It is ugly. And it mostly is from some arrogant student or newbie who is disgruntled. On our level now...I like it because people get really involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment