Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Hallowe'en

Damn, I wish I was a kid in the midwest during this time. People got crazy over it in Ohio. As the leaves fall, and in the distance you smell burning leaves (mostly from me burning them), you see homemade graveyards, cobwebs on bushes and goofy skeletons. It's really everyone attempting to do everyone else in curbside freak out. Kids get nuts over it. Kids who aren't teens. My 16 year old nephew is a jerk about it. He doesn't give a hoot. I guess that's the nerd in us, and the jock in him.

I love Hallowe'en. Except in Hollywood. It scares me out here, because everyday is a freak show. So, it's really just a normal day. I know...hack joke. But it's true. I work at transvestite prostitute (say that three times fast) corner, so it doesn't freak me out. But it's really a moment for bad behavior. Which I wish I had the energy and motivation to participate in. Instead, to me, it's mostly about seeing all the creative costumes out there.

I visited a friend's Mom back in Ohio. She use to cook Thanksgiving dinner for me and her family. She didn't fuck around with it either. Big meal, coma afterwards. Anyway, she leads a ghost hunter thing. They visit haunted Cincinnati. That town is seriously crazy haunted. And I don't even believe in ghosts. There was this building called the City Barn. Apparently, this was a place that stored equipment for city maintenance. That meant horse stables (as they were needed to pull heavy gear up hills):
photo by Robby Virus "

"Front view of the City Barn building in the Avondale neighborhood of Cincinnati, located at 3516 Vine across from Glenmary Avenue. Built in 1896 to house the horses that pulled the horse-drawn trolleys. Now it stands abandoned."

 

Now I'm not saying all old buildings are haunted, but a musty smelling building that's been abandoned does conjure up odd feelings. As does the cemetery that happens to be down the street and is from the Civil War era. I think that's why I love the Civil War so much, the lands battles were fought on still exist. It's beautiful and scary. I wonder if any tramp out here ever dressed as a sexy Confederate. Not much is sacred anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment