Monday, October 12, 2015

The Gut Shredder

Recently I've been getting old guy doughy. It's being 40. And eating garbage. Ribs, chicken, fried foods, shit I like. But I came across this awesome workout. It's what they call a "countdown workout"

Two exercises required, one is the kettle bell swing, the second is squat thrust

This was shit we use to do in school P.E. Here's a pretty girl to help you out with the first part:
Here's the second half with a dude:
SO here's the deal...I'd start out with 8 reps of each first. I thought I could do 15, nearly barfed on the hot chick next to me at gym.
Take the kettle bell and swing 8 times, then IMMEDIATELY go into 8 squat thrust. Then WITHOUT STOPPING swing kettle bell 7 times, and do 7 squat thrust. Then got to 6 kettle bell swings, and 6 squats. All without stopping. Get all the way down to one. That's it. Walk away. Or in my case...crawl away.

I got fucking winded. And I felt it the next morning in my lower abs. That's great. To make it more difficult, you can always add in a jumping jack after each one. But GO at your pace (with a little push).

I think it works because you're using your own body weight to lift yourself up, and (as far as the kettle bell goes, extend your lower back. Push and pull!

No comments:

Post a Comment