Monday, November 2, 2015

Cardiac Cats Back In The Light


Aaaa…the black and orange…conjures up what?...Hallowe’en? Maybe…this year, if you’re a football fan, may remind you of a jungle cat that’s been obscure to most NFL fans.
Sorry for talking football, but are the Cincinnati Bengals for real?
This is the first time in their history that they are 7-0. This is close to 50 years of first being founded. That is insanely futile. But what can you do. History is not kind to us or our fans.
Speaking of which, I found the biggest Bengals bar in Los Angeles. When they beat the Steelers on November 1, 2015 to go undefeated, I was at 5 Line near Glendale. It was amazing to see so many of the orange and black represent. For the longest time I’d sit silently at Pat’s Cocktail in Valley Village, CA being the ONLY Bengals fan. Now, we all united. And it was great to see so many age groups represented. From babies to the elderly, this was Bengal territory. Which I can only describe as the Bengals Embassy. Grounds specifically for us. One thing I will say…there are stunningly beautiful Bengal fans there. I’m certain they are actors but I saw one that looked a supermodel and another that was clearly a stand-in for Olivia Wilde. I was proud to see pretty girls wearing Bengals gear. Especially as I just got back from Cincy, it softened the blow of being back in Los Angeles. Even more humorous that I heard a recipe for Skyline Chili standing outside with the Bengal faithful.
I love my Bengal peeps. We’ve all suffered too long. It must be a great sign we’re coming out from hibernation…somewhere. But, as a typical suffering fan…I’ll wait till January to buy into ‘em. Until then…
Who Dey!

No comments:

Post a Comment