Sunday, May 17, 2015

Women And Birthdays

My friend recently had a birthday. Whilst she is barely getting by, she decides to have her party in a swank downtown Los Angeles bar.

It got me thinking...what is it about women really angry about turning older, yet they throw a birthday bash beyond the biggest of celebrities? I really don't understand that. I guess you could say the bigger the bash, the more they feel loved? If I were an old lady, I'd want to hide out in some dark room and not deal with it. Turning older sucks, why broadcast it. For me, turning another year older doesn't matter anymore. My Mom was actually the same way. The less fanfare, the better. SO I guess it dispels that myth. But my Mom is very eccentric person. She doesn't put on her seatbelt, But complains about my driving.

Me, driving: (staring at Ma sitting shotgun, no seat belt): "You allergic to seatbelts?"
Ma: "I use to be like you. I couldn't go anywhere without a seatbelt. I felt like I was falling."

I thought better than to follow up this logic. Her anecdote answered nothing.

Ma: "You wanna slow it down?" (as she grabs for the 'oh shit' handle).

Happy Birthday, you old broads.


No comments:

Post a Comment