Monday, May 11, 2015

The Cat Women


Lee Merriweather and Julie Newmar
If you haven’t heard of these two, you weren’t a prepubescent boy watching re-runs on network television circa 1980’s.
I was in LOVE with these two. I think it was the Cat Woman suit as both of these women played Cat Woman in the 60’s “Batman.” Lee had only played Cat Woman in the t.v. movie, but BOY, what an impression. Both are really tall. Lee at 5’9” and Julie close to 6’. I loved those legs. Both of them are insanely beautiful to this day. Without a hint of plastic surgery. Maybe Julie, but definitely not Lee.
Anyway, a reason why you should listen to “Gilbert Gottfried’s Amazing Colossal Podcast” on iTunes is simply for one story he loves to push about Caesar Romero. Caesar played the original Joker. The story goes, Caesar is gay and that he use to have young boys brought into his dressing room while he had orange wedges thrown at his bare ass. To which Julie responded “Were they peeled or not?”

Julie Newmar

THAT’S why I love this woman. Lee’s response was just to laugh hysterically and neither deny nor confirm. As she is much more a lady. Elegant in her sexiness. Did I mention they’re both in their 80’s now? And still with SO much life. I should be so lucky to find either of these two in my autumn years. Just their laughter alone brings so much heart swells. Lee has the less affected voice. She was Miss America n 1952 and you could sense her measured sophisticated patois. Whilst Julie is more theatrical in her delivery. Much more attuned at “giving what the men want” type accommodating. Both are STILL sexy. It’s no mystery why these two had longevity. Even more bizarre that they were both born and raised in Los Angeles. A rarity today. I wish actresses were more like this. I think that’s why people are responding to talent like Emma Stone or Jennifer Lawrence. They seem like they could banter with you in this same fashion. Much less self conscious of their effect on people, much more about just living a decent life.

Lee Merriweather

I’ve seen dailies with Jennifer Lawrence, she’s what she is when “cut” is called. She breaks into ball busting. Good ball busting. Like it’s suppose to be fun. Actually, there have been rare moments where I’ve seen actors during a break from the take go batshit. Or get upset (if it wasn’t for the word). Ed Harris went fucking nuts during some scenes on a movie I did recently. Carrie Fisher on the new “Star Wars” got frustrated a few times. But never had I seen a blow out (I’d been on “Terminator Salvation” on the now infamous Christian Bale meltdown, but never saw the footage as it was audio and not filmed.
Anyway, I love these two girls, look them up. They’re good sports about the movie business, despite what they must’ve been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment