Saturday, May 2, 2015

Been Tough On The Black Community

I read a lot of comments made out there about how the Black community is really getting into the White person's space. Or whining and complaining about being treated differently. NONE of this has anything to do with what I've actually read. Which is...few (if none) disparaging words towards White people. If you look closely at what is being said about things like Michael Brown or Freddie Gray, most Blacks who comment NEVER say that they hate White people. Or even imply it. Obviously, there are a few that do, but it's mostly as a retaliation to a really awful racist rant about how Black people hate White people. They don't. In fact, it doesn't appear they are even on their radar until something bad happens. Then as a kneejerk thing, these repressed bigots scream that Black man is destroying their community.

A lot of White folk are talking about how Blacks are killing other Blacks, and that the phrase "Black Lives Matter" is offensive. I'd say...I thought that way too. Because it's purposefully putting themselves in their own category. But it's not. They just figure White people already have their angle on when bad things happen. I interpreted wrong. Because they don't represent me. They are representing themselves.

So what exactly was the celebration about when those (now) 6 police officers were arrested for homicide. The outrage, rioting and violence were done by knuckleheaded thugs. Yes, they're shitbags for doing what they did, because the responsible, law abiding citizens are disgusted that these people represented their community. Little did we know that gang members were in Baltimore trying to buffer the peace. I didn't know that. Because we're not shown that. Somehow, the White community seemed to have latched onto this notion that Black folk HATE White people. I got that impression. Which is really wrong. I don't hear cries of "honky" or "cracker" or "slave owner!" You hear "justice for _____." Not one chant put Whites into the dialogue. But somehow the White folk (just the ones I read about) took it as an offense to their world. I get it. Even I was caught up in admonishing the Black community for letting them burn down and loot the shops. How would it have been, if someone had told me that I was responsible for Tianamen Square even though I was thousands of miles away in America? Shit, I'm an American citizen.

I think media really fucked us up. In the race to get eyeballs on their site, we got angrier and angrier, probably because society is bored. Race in this country do coexist. And we're not breaking up as much as both extreme sides would have us believe. In fact...Black and White, Asian and whatever...we've gotta' stop reacting to our first reaction (like I did). We are all good people. It's the handful of asswipes who want something bad to happen. We can't fall for their bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment