Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Lawrence Taylor's Son & The NFL

Had a discussion about players in the NFL, since Lawrence Taylor's (NY Giants linebacker) son was in the news recently for having been convicted of child molestation and has been sentenced to 10 years. That's a long time on LT's pocketbook. An eternity for a pedophile in prison.

Basically, my argument was that I would NEVER want to play for the NFL. With a league minimum of under $170k, this money as a bench warmer most likely gets burned into...agents, managers, college loans, insurance, living expenses, health care, trainers, supplements, family, and...in LT's case criminal lawyers. In LT's years, we're not talking about gazillions they make these days. It's more than likely he's already blown through it, whether it be in his previous cocaine habit or his cars or houses. The guy has to supplement his football career with being a pitchman...probably for local commercials. Yeah, and he is a LEGEND. The guy I was talking to was willing to take that money. I told him he was nuts. Though I never was THAT physical enough to want to go to professional sports (diminutive), maybe if I was 6'5" and 320 lbs., it would seem I'd be limited to a wrecking ball trucker driver, or a lineman. The options are limited for behemoths. I think given the option, maybe playing a kid's sport for tons of dollars matters up front. But the problems don't come until much later.

No comments:

Post a Comment